BECOME A MEMBER OF SISTER MIDNIGHT
You can become a member of Sister Midnight by investing in our community share offer. All of the capital we raise will be used to fund the renovation of our new venue in Catford Town Centre, which we hope to open in late 2023.
OUR SHARE OFFER IS SUPPORTED BY
HOW TO INVEST
First, read our and our
They'll tell you everything you need to know about becoming a member of Sister Midnight.
Once you're comfortable that you fully understand the terms of investment, fill out our
Once you've completed the application form, one of our team will be in touch via email to provide you with a secure payment link. You'll then be added to our members register, and a share certificate will be issued!
WHAT ARE COMMUNITY SHARES?
Community Shares are, legally speaking, withdrawable shares in a community benefit society, but they work a lot like a savings account. When you invest in community shares, you'll become a member of our society, and we'll use the capital you've invested to meet our organisation aims - which in this case is creating the first community owned venue in Lewisham.
We'll pay a modest rate of interest on your investment, and once we're up and running, you'll be able to get your money back (providing we're doing well as a business and have sufficient trading surpluses!) You can't sell your shares to someone else, and they won't ever increase in value, but they're a fantastic way to support community businesses like ours.
SHARE OFFER SUMMARY
• The minimum share investment is £100
• The maximum share investment is £100K or 10% of the total raised, whichever is lower
• Affordable shares starting from £25 can be applied for by anyone who cannot afford the standard £100 minimum
When you invest in shares in Sister Midnight, you'll become a member and get...
• 3% interest on your share capital, which we're aiming to pay from Year 2 onwards
• A vote at our AGM, and on other important issues facing the society
• The chance to elect and be elected to the Board of Directors
• The ability to withdraw your share capital and get your money back, with capital being made available for withdrawal from Year 3 onwards
• SEIS/EIS Tax Relief of 30-50%